The Mummy MOT in York
The postnatal physiotherapy check you deserve
- Why the abdominal wall and your breathing pattern matters
- What the pelvic floor is and signs that things aren’t working so well. We will assess internally to make sure your contraction is effective, check any trauma and that there are no signs of pelvic organ prolapse.
- What rectus abdominis diastasis (separation) is and check it.
- Why nutrition, sleep and community are important to your recovery
- How to strategically plan your return to exercise and manage any risks
- Provide you with some advice on return to exercise together with some ideas of tailored exercise for the gym or at home
- After the assessment you will receive a detailed written report of findings and advice
The Mummy MOT is a detailed specialist post natal assessment for women following both vaginal and C-section deliveries. We undertake checks and tests to gauge how your posture, pelvic floor and stomach muscles are recovering after childbirth. It is suitable from six weeks postnatal but it’s never too late, even if several years have passed.
During the 1 hour session aside from the in-depth assessments we will devise a bespoke recovery plan just for you. We also work with local postnatal fitness specialists to progress your fitness when you are ready and if that’s what you would like to do.
Our aim is always to educate and empower you in order to optimise your rehabilitation and recovery.
What our clients say
“Emma really took the time to listen to me and what I wanted to achieve from my Mummy MOT. She has helped get me back to doing the exercise I love in a safe and healthy way.”
“Emma is a fantastic lady with loads of knowledge whose hands have seen me through two pregnancies. If there is ever another I will definitely be returning.”