Caesarean, hysterectomy, abdominal surgery and other scars
What will my sessions entail?
- Discussion regarding scar impact and your recovery
- Full scar assessment
- Breathing assessment and correction
- Assessment and treatment of problematic areas
- Introduction to instrument assisted massage
- Homework set for in-between sessions
- Tools to manage the scar for life
What can Scar Therapy do?
Help Restricted Mobility
Through reducing tightness and encouraging mobility between the layers of skin, fascia and muscle improvements in range of movement are often seen.
Reduce Sensitivity and Pain
Trapped nerves and irritated scar tissue can be a factor for prolonged discomfort. Therapeutic touch may reduce pain and help to normalise sensitivity.
Scar therapy can help loosen and release tight scar tissue to reduce discomfort. Treatment can be beneficial for both new and old scar tissue.
What our clients say
“Emma really took the time to listen to me and what I wanted to achieve from my Mummy MOT. She has helped get me back to doing the exercise I love in a safe and healthy way.”
“Emma is a fantastic lady with loads of knowledge whose hands have seen me through two pregnancies. If there is ever another I will definitely be returning.”